November 16-18, 2012
If you are not familiar with GSB, you are in for a treat.
1. Reigning teams from Startup Weekend Tampa and other participating cities will go head to head in a climactic “best of the best” brawl.
2. Each team has 24 hours, a 90-second pitch, and a 15-word description to defend their startup in an introductory video.
3. Each video pitch is posted online and the global voting madness begins.
4. Votes from around the world will decide which startup is left standing.
Prizes include and are not limited to:
- Free trip to Rio De Janeiro for Global Entrepreneurship Congress - sponsored by Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- A free VIP trip to San Francisco to meet with founders, mentors, and investors sponsored by Startup Weekend.
- $5,000 in-kind PR Launch Package for your SW team sponsored by Geben Communication.
- $5,000 worth of Design Services for your SW team sponsored by Btrax.
- $5,000 Incorporation & Legal Package sponsored by Cooley LLP.
- More to come!
GSB 2011 winner:
Last year’s victor was a company called After Ship. This champion startup offers a comprehensive way to track all of your packages in one place, regardless of shipping provider.
On top of great press and cash prizes, After Ship took home a free trip and Table Launch Conference in San Francisco, a spot at Demo Asia, over $25,000 in free services from companies like Cooley, Btrax, Kauffman Foundation and more.
Since GSB 2011, After Ship has taken international investment and now supports 40,000 couriers. Check them out here.
You don’t want to miss this event! Get your tickets now, before they sellout. http://startupweekendtampa.eventbrite.com/