We have just finished the first phase of Startup Weekend Tampa 2011. For the past 2 hours, attendees have pitched and submitted their votes for the top 8 teams:
- NeverMissARace (@ nevermissone): is an iPhone and Android App designed to help track parents and coaches better organize their athletes and time better by providing real time calls for starts of field events and races. For meet directors, they are able to have a more organized meet which means less stress for volunteers. These provide a better track experience for both spectators and meet organizers.
- Z-Level Financing:Provide web-based microfinaning to startup projects that will provide equity based funding. The funding will come from public who can finance a portion or whole project and get equity share.
- Driip (@driipapp):An open platform that allows for unified, real-time communication and sharing on peer-to-peer level
- Drop Post It (@dropostit):Dropost.it is a location based mobile application that sends messages and reminders tagged with GPS coordinates. The consumer side of this application is focused on the social functionality and benefits of Droposting information and reminders publicly or privately among your connections.
- CityQuest (@city_quest):CityQuest is a city scavenger hunt that brings new customers to local businesses. We use the idea of the quests to reward customers for exploring and experiencing new things in their cities.
- Boatingconnect.com (@boatingconnect):We connect boat owners that want their gas costs subsidized with want to be owners that have extra capital to pitch in for gas. This way both parties can get back to enjoying the water.
- Locaster (@searchlocaster)Locaster is a real time location-based search engine. Locaster will allow a user to search for a certain category of place within a radius of their location and rank the places based on the number of people at those locations now. Locaster will further be able to predict the number people at a place at a future date and time based on historical data.
- Checkoutmyurl (@checkoutmyurl):CheckOutMyURL is a fast, cheap way to get real user feedback on your website, prototype or mockup. Just enter your URL and three questions and get back answers and opinions from real people in as little as 15 minutes.
- Bread.ly (@bebreadly):Tired of spending way too much money on good food and products for you and your family? Bread.ly delivers to you massive savings of 20-70%
off products you use and love based on how awesome of a life you are living. “Do Good. Get Good. Bread.ly”
Stay tuned for more updates as these teams start working on their ideas.